Eggless Chocolate Brownie Recipe – Fudgy, chewy brownie made from semisweet chocolate and applesauce. Enjoy a piece of brownie with a glass of milk.
We have used applesauce to make it moist and as an egg replacer. If you look at scientifically, Eggs work as a leaving agent and give richness and moistness to brownie. And for the same purpose applesauce is used. Applesauce has high amount of moisture in it which turn to steam in the oven and gives a lift to brownie as similarly egg does as a leaving agent.
All purpose flour – ¾ cup
Baking soda – ¼ teaspoon
Baking powder – 1 teaspoon
Salt – a pinch (1/8 teaspoon)
Unsalted butter – 3 tablespoons
Chocolate chips – 1 ½ cups
unsweetened applesauce – ½ cup
White granulated sugar – ½ cup
Hot water – 2 tablespoons
Pure vanilla extract – 1 teaspoon
1) Preheat the oven to 350 degree F or 180 degree C for at least 10 minutes.
2) Lightly butter or spray with non-stick cooking spray 8×8 inch baking pan. Line it with parchment paper with sides up. So it will be easy to lift up after it bakes. Again butter or spray the parchment paper.
3) Take all purpose flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt in a bowl.
4) Mix it well and keep it aside till needed.
5) Take butter and chocolate in a bowl. Melt in the microwave for 40 seconds. (You can melt them by using double boiler method.)
6) Then whisk it with wire whisk till it gets smooth.
7) Take apple sauce and sugar in large enough bowl. Whisk it till sugar dissolves. Then add hot water and vanilla extract. Mix it well.
8) Then add melted chocolate.
10) Whisk it well till it gets incorporated well. Do not over beat it because we don’t want to get air in the batter (because we want chewy brownie not like cake)
11) Then add dry ingredients. And whisk till smooth.
12) Pour the batter into prepared pan. Even it out with butter knife and tap the pan on counter top few times to get rid of air bubbles.
13) Bake it into preheated oven for 25-30 minutes. Check it by inserting a toothpick in the center and it will come with few moist crumbs.
14) Let the brownie cool completely in the pan on wire rack. As it cools it will deflate a bit. But don’t worry it is perfectly fine.
15) Then pop it into the refrigerator for 1 hour before cutting. You can then remove brownie out of the pan with the help of parchment paper. Cut, and serve!